Tuesday 7 March 2017

WOYWW 405

Hello and welcome back again to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday!  Every week we take a sneak peak of other crafters desks from around the world, all courtesy of our Julia.  Click here for more information:)

What has been going on this week?

I started stitching the heart background at the weekend.  I thought I would have the whole of today to complete it.  However, my mum, who this is for, has asked me to accompany her on a birthday trip out.  As I don't know how long we will be out for, I decided it had to be done NOW.  So, apart from three trips away from the sofa, I sat still, sewing like crazy from 3pm until midnight. When she pulls it out of the envelope, I'll squeeze the hearts that have vertical stitching to give it a 3D effect.  I thought of the hearts as butterflies. I'm a little dizzy, cross eyed and dazed.  Looking forward to closing my eyes very soon.

My cat, Taz got in the shot.  She's scoping out a very noisy kitten under the sofa.  No SYDNEY this week.  Needed a small break from it.  Instead, I've progressed a little more with Felicity the Lobster.  I've already messed up (Ssssh!  Don't tell anyone:))  The dark bluey-poiple you can see, isn't actually meant to be in any of those positions.  Turns out that in artificial light, I'm a little colour blind.  Stay tuned folks, to see if I actually have enough of the colour I should have been using.  Who knows?!

That's enough from me.  Go see some other desks.  Stay crafty!

20 comments:

  1. hope you have a nice time out with your mum... good luck fixing the lobster! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitching and had to laugh at your cat getting in on the act. They like to get involved don't they? Enjoy your time with your Mum.
    Hugs Lisax #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!a lady after my own heart! I try not to stay up so late or early actually but when it has to be done there is no other option Lol! Hope you and your mum have a nice time. Have a great week and happy woyww crafting, Angela x 16 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your mum will love that heart. As for the lobster, I am a follower of Carolyn Dube who sees an OOPS as an Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly. I'm sure it will all work out one way or another. Happy WOYWW Sarah #29

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lucy, lovely indeed, you must've been cross eyed, doing it for that many hour straight .... I can't believe I'd manage that, your mum must be delighted.
    Felicity is growing indeed, fancy discovering your a bit coloured blind!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x 8 or 9

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super stitching, you must be one of the desks which got me back into sewing.... BJ#23

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes a change is as good as a rest but I am secretly wishing to see Sydney finished too! Dx #32

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very inspiring to me. I'm so behind on my stitching! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #40

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Taz! Nice to see her! The heart you made for your Mom, came straight from the heart! I love the flying hearts too! The lobster is looking great, don't think of the wrong colors as mistakes, just "alternate colors"! LOL! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #43

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cat Taz is gorgeous, I'm sure some of us hunt out all the cats on WOYWW, lol. I agree with Lindart- you're just putting your stamp on Felicity! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Embroidery. Thanks for your earlier visit - have a great week . Soojay 7

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy your stiching! must put more stitching into my art!
    Robyn 10

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lobster, he doesn't look wrong and would anyone know. Hope you had a good time with your mum always make the most of family members. #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I do love a person who veers off what is supposed to have been done...it applies ot me with pretty much everything, especially recipes. I do try to stick to them but the rebel gene kicks in and I just go off piste, so to speak. And don't talk to me about crochet patterns or indeed following sat navs. Mine's called Doris and you can hear the despair in her tinny little automated voice as I go my own way! So Felicity is going to end up being very individual :-D
    Love your hearts and butterflies btw, your ma is going to love it!
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hearts on the card are great - it turned out wonderfully!

    WOYWW#44 Melissa Gross

    ReplyDelete
  16. Felicity looks fine to me. Love your little visitor, she looks very similar in colour to my cat that I had a long time ago - she was 19 when she died and I still miss her.
    Hugs, Neet 14 xx
    ps steampunk page didn't go well on account of my bad back (in bed for last two days more or less) but it will go up today although not as I envisaged it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, an embroidered lobster! Too cute!
    Your kitty is gorgeous!
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lucy, Your heart card is lovely and your Lobster is really coming along.

    Thank you for popping in to my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #22

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I hope you do have enough thread, it's so annoying when that happens. I'm 'colour blind' in artificial light; I certainly never try to match papers or scrapbook after dark! The gift card for your mum is gorgeous, I wonder if she'll wonder why you're looking relieved but boss eyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the lobster!
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete