Tuesday 14 March 2017

WOYWW 406

Hello and welcome back again to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday!  Every week we take a sneak peak of other crafters' desks from around the world, all courtesy of our Julia.  Click here for more information:)

What I've been up to...

I nearly got all the purple work done on SYDNEY.  I tried to force finish it this evening but my eyes are sleepy.

 A plan for the muck up regarding Felicity the Lobster has been formulated.  The dark blue is only for the odd triangle shapes half way down the picture and not the claw.  I have enough of this colour to add the missing triangle, so will unpick the work I did to the claw and get started on the next colour being added.

This is the first week since I came back that I am able to actually show my work desk.  I bought an IKEA wardrobe (Ironically called Dombas (dumb-ass)) to go on the other side of the room at the end of January.  I decided I could build it.  I spent two hours looking at the pictures in the manual before fitting the top and bottom the wrong way round, the two inner boards the wrong way round and splitting the backing board with a panel pin.  It was then left.  After I admitted to DH that I was wrong about being capable in building furniture, he built it for me in half an hour when I was out.  I was overjoyed.  

It frees up a bit of room space and provides a tidy place to put upcoming projects.  Now, on the desk this week,  I have prepared for a new project that I have joined on Swap-Bot.  I did a poor job of a previous stamp swap and felt bad so this time I'm going to town on this one.  My package is going to Israel!

I'm leaving the baby sampler at the moment.  Something is making it hard for me to start and I don't know why.  So I'll wait until baby is born.  Be easier then as I'll be able to put the name straight in.  I have a couple more swaps to send out and am starting to look at decorating the Easter eggs I bought for my staff.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you might go and look at some other desks.  Have a great week! x

20 comments:

  1. Glad you got your new storage built! those instructions are always iffy I find! Sounds like you have a lot on your crafty hands - have fun! Sydney is looking good!! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to get storage of any kind. We have no IKEA close by, but I've always liked items I've seen being used. Gorgeous "Sidney" such beautiful colors. In the day I did a lot of cross stitch, but my eyes really strain with some of the more detailed stitchery now. Will be fun to see the lobster completed. Enjoy a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lucy. Ah, yes - those instructions.... sometimes they do rather leave a lot to be desired, don't they? But glad it's now all made up. Great work on Sydney, and good thinking re the lobster. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. What no picture of Dombas? We have an Ikea about 100kms away and I love going round planning if I had that cupboard etc I could put this in. Felicity and Sydney are coming on great. Anickoana #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well would you believe I was doing a bit of Ikea building this week too. Only a little stool and I got all the pieces in the the right place but for the life of me I couldn't completely turn the screws the whole way in on the base as they were just too difficult. Even my son couldn't help. So I left it for hubby to complete. Oh well "Oddvar" now done. BJ#9

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have sent for me I'm the ikea furniture building queen haha.
    You look to have lots going on in your workspace.
    Have a lovely creative week
    Lynn //10 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for brightening up my Wednesday - that tale of the mis-built cabinet really made me smile :)
    Have a wonderful Wednesday
    Bubbles #11
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/woyww-406.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work on the Sydney piece! So much detail work. Neat and tidy desk this week. Enjoyed seeing all the colored pencils. Did not know you were on Swap-bot. Can you send me a message there? I'm midteacher. Diane #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work on the completing the Sydney piece. In our house I am the only one that can build the ikea pieces. DH uses too much force and the board always crumbles!! Have a great week.
    sandra de @21

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've stopped wasting my time trying to build anything now, it's much better getting PJ to do it .... I think it's funny watching the air turn blue!!!!
    Glad you'll be able to change the colour on Felicity.
    Have a good week
    Christine #23

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll bet you'll be happy once all that purple is finally finished. Best not to force things if you were tired. Fewer mistakes that way (as i know to my cost). Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy a terrible thing has happened to me since i quit work and took up lazing around on a building site in France pretending to do stuff... I am a devout feminist, but have become somewhat enamoured with Mr G rescuing me all the time! He just fixed my car ( I always did it myself before) he fixed a fence ( ditto) and today he starts to lay the floor of our house ( HUZZAH) I really do just watch... this is because I have hurt myself so many times and caused so many delays by 'helping' I have reverted to only undertaking the tasks I KNOW I can accomplish - making tea and art... Suits Me... so no shame in letting a better Man make the wardrobe - maybe show us his handiwork next week? and sadly - forcing Sydney didn't work - will surely be done by next weeks show and tell time? Bon Courage dxxx 13

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Sydnely is really coming on - it's totally fab. The wardrobe thing - had to smile, and at the fact that then it was just left...I recognise this behaviour!! All's well that ends well and extra space is a good thing, no matter the agony to be endured in achieving it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lucy, good to see work coming along on Sydney & Felicity. So annoying to have to unpick though. Never mind. Good idea on getting the wardrobe built! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy WOYWW. Fantastic stitching on all your projects. I still have no inclination to get the needles/threads out again. It is funny how something that previously took up so much of my life is now not interesting to me at all. Glad that hubby rescued the wardrobe. I managed to put together a small bookcase by myself - and my 2 Raskog trolleys - but anything bigger would be a no-no. Ali x #27

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pieces are certainly coming along! I know that on big pieces it seems never-ending but they are definitely worth it when finished. I'm not very good at building furniture - the instructions just seem so confusing. I always have hubby make them lol.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #31

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great progress on your embroidery! As far as the Ikea desk goes, we spent many a year when DD was in University building those things - she bought everything at Ikea! Luckily I never had to build anything myself, I just was needed to hand over pieces! LOL! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #39

    ReplyDelete
  18. When we married I took the inside Hubby outside. The soon meant he fixed everything, after all he a is an engineer. I cook. Retirement changes many things and he helps around the house as he likes to be busy. Embroidery takes time and I hated the unpicking but in the end it was usually the best move.
    Happy week
    Monica #38

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a bit late getting round but determined to visit as many as I can. Pleased to see you are getting on well with your projects, they are going to be great when complete. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely work there. I used to do lots of stitching. (But Nothing as detailed and as beautiful as yours! These days I like projects that are quicker to make ...like a greeting card...smile...

    ReplyDelete